    set-up. I have tried to create a Home Network within Widows XP software but
    have come to a dead end. I cannot get any further with this. Can anyone
    please advise. Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVldHM=?=, Jan 6, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGVldHM=?=

    Tony Guest

    "Deets" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have recently purchased a Belkin ADSL Modem with built-in Wireless Router
    > so that my daughter who has a Wireless enabled laptop can access the
    > Internet
    > simultaneously with me on my desktop. No problems here. However, the
    > Router
    > is supposed to allow my daughter to remotely print her documents created
    > on
    > her laptop using the printer connected to my desktop PC using this
    > wireless
    > set-up. I have tried to create a Home Network within Widows XP software
    > but
    > have come to a dead end. I cannot get any further with this. Can anyone
    > please advise. Thanks.

    If you have internet working then there is a good chance you have a network
    set up already.

    Go to start>>printers & Faxes. Right click on the printer you want to
    share. Click on properties then the sharing tab.

    Select share this printer.

    Next go to the laptop. Go to start>>printers and faxes and click on add
    printer. Select network printer and then browse for a printer then next.
    The shared printer should appear to be installed.

    If it doesn't appear, go back to the main PC click on start>>connect
    to>>show all connections. Right click on the local area connection and
    select properties. Make sure file and printer sharing for Microsoft
    networks is there.

    Tony, Jan 6, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RGVldHM=?=

    Alan White Guest

    The previous post is good assuming you have already established a LAN.
    Run the XP networking wizard on both machines ensuring that each machine has
    a distinct and separate name but both must have the same workgroup name.

    Alan White, Jan 7, 2005
  4. www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Jan 7, 2005