    existing set-ups.

    Thanks

    Chris

    Watcher of the Skies, Dec 22, 2006

  2. Watcher of the Skies

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Watcher of the Skies wrote:
    > I have a laptop runing XP Home, and a desktop running W98se. Both are
    > connected to the internet via an Actiontec wireless router model GT701WRU.
    > What I want to do is leave my printer connected to the W98 PC and send
    > documents to it remotely from the XP laptop.
    >
    > I would like a few pointers as how to configure my connections. The user
    > manual is a too .... erm .... clinical(?). It just gives basic (and
    > advanced) technical info without really guiding me through setting it up.
    >
    > Could anyone help me please. Let me know what other info you need about my
    > existing set-ups.

    You're setting there with a wire/wireless AP router. You should go get
    yourself a wire print server, plug it into a wire LAN port on the
    router, plug the printer into print server, and both computers can print
    to the printer, without the need of having the printer connected to a
    computer. It can be a wire or wireless computer as they can both print
    to the printer as the printer is connected to the router.

    Print servers are cheap.

    Mr. Arnold, Dec 22, 2006