    I also want to connect the Playstation 2 to play online.
    Have I bought the wrong router?
    Can anyone tell me what I need to do, please?

    =?Utf-8?B?cGo=?=, Dec 28, 2005

  2. Depending on the router's default configuration, you might be able to
    connect to it wirelessly for configuration/setup - check your manual.
    However, most of these devices contemplate that the setup process will be
    performed with a standard ethernet connection. It would be well worth the
    money to purchase/install a cheap ethernet adapter for this purpose, and
    keep it available for future use. You can use a USB ethernet adapter.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Dec 28, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?cGo=?=

    GTS Guest

    Routers are normally connected by Ethernet. There are a few on the market
    that can support a USB connection. It would be preferable, however, to
    change the ADSL modem instead to one with an Ethernet connection. Many, by
    the way, have both. Are you sure yours is USB only?

    GTS, Dec 28, 2005
  4. The manual "strongly recommends" that the initial set up is done with a
    physical connection. If I bought a USB ethernet adapter & did the set up
    would I then be able to remove the ethernet lead & connect to the internet
    wirelessly with my net work card?

    =?Utf-8?B?cGo=?=, Dec 28, 2005
  5. My original modem only has a USB plug on it.

    =?Utf-8?B?cGo=?=, Dec 28, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?cGo=?=

    Lem Guest

    Yes, you can remove the wired connection to the router once it has been
    configured.

    Lem, Dec 28, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?cGo=?=

    GTS Guest

    How will he then connect the ethernet router to the USB only DSL modem?

    GTS, Dec 28, 2005
  8. the ethernet router has a built in modem so the original USB modem will no
    longer be needed?

    =?Utf-8?B?cGo=?=, Dec 28, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?cGo=?=

    GTS Guest

    That's correct, as long as the built in modem is compatible with your
    providers DSL service.

    GTS, Dec 28, 2005