    Thanks for taking the time to read my thread, I look forward to reading your
    response.

    Kathryn
    =?Utf-8?B?S2F0aHJ5bg==?=, May 5, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?S2F0aHJ5bg==?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    Ethernet Netwrok does Not care what OS you are using as long as the OS is
    Ethernet capable.

    Win98 and Win XP (as well as all other Windows OSs) are Ethernet compatible.

    You have to configure WinXP Network settings and Sharing, and Win98 Network
    setting and Sharing. Each one should be configured according to their
    specific configuration menus. If done correctly the Network and the Internet
    would work well.

    Log to this pages you would find a lot of links to instructions to Windows
    Network Settings, and Sharing.

    http://www.ezlan.net/Installing.html and or
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Kathryn" <> wrote in message
    > I have two laptops. One running Win XP Pro and the other running Win

    98se.
    > I also have ADSL internet connect via a USB port to the XP laptop.
    >
    > I want to create a wireless network to share files, printers and the

    internet.

    Jack, May 5, 2005