Wireless Networking Cameras

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by tshad, Mar 27, 2006.

  1. tshad

    tshad Guest

    I am trying to get get an SNC-M1W Sony camera to work on our network.

    The instructions say it works only with certain routers. Why do I need a
    router at all?

    We are only going to access the camera in-house and would like to hook it up
    so we can access it internally or via a VPN (which would obviously be using
    the same subnet).

    We can't seem to get it to work using an Access Point (Netgear is what we
    are using at the moment).

    If we use a router, which we tried first to use inside our network, we would
    get a new private address that we can't access from our internal network.
    For example, our internal network is 10.0.0.x, but if we use a router, we
    would get a new network, such as 192.168.122.x. The internal machines have
    no access to this network. Their gateway is 10.0.0.254. How would we get
    access to the camera's if this is the case?

    If we use an access point, we would be on the same network.

    Thanks,

    Tom

    tshad, Mar 27, 2006