    connect to my PC over remote assistance. But when I try to connect to
    their's I get an "Unable to resolve host name" error message.

    Any ideas?

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9uIFou?=, Aug 12, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Um9uIFou?=

    DavidT Guest

    sounds like they have a firewall enabled to block incoming request...

    DavidT, Aug 13, 2006

  3. Hi

    If their Wireless works, than your remote control trouble has nothing to do
    with the Wireless connection per-se. Assuming that their Wireless
    installation is based on a Wireless Cable/DSL Router, it might be port that
    the Remote Desktop port (default is 3389) needs to be opened through the
    Router's Firewall (and or, software Firewall)
    http://www.ezlan.net/routers1.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 13, 2006