    encryption, surprisingly there are many available to them. I know that I can
    unselect the attach to non prefered networks but it seems they are already
    hip to that. Is there a registry entry I can use.
    =?Utf-8?B?TG91?=, Dec 26, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TG91?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    Intel adapters have "mandatory AP" feature (enable thru Proset)
    However if your children are so smart they will defeat this restriction too.
    --PA

    Pavel A., Dec 26, 2006

  3. Hi
    I assume that you are timing centrally through your Router.
    You can add software control to each individual computer to block Internet
    access by time schedule.
    Example, http://www.agnitum.com/news/securityinsight/january2006issue.php
    (look at the end of the page).

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 27, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TG91?=

    Rich Guest

    On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 15:01:00 -0800, Lou
    <> wrote:

    >I have been trying to figure out how I can restrict the machines that my
    >children use to attach only to the wireless access point in my home. It seems
    >that when I try to limit their time online they only have to do a search for
    >available networks and attach to one in the neighborhood that does not have
    >encryption, surprisingly there are many available to them. I know that I can
    >unselect the attach to non prefered networks but it seems they are already
    >hip to that. Is there a registry entry I can use.

    how about taking the laptop/desktop away until they can obey your
    instructions?

    73,
    rich, n9dko
    Rich, Dec 27, 2006