    I have 2 machines networked together and to the internet using a Draytek
    Vigor 2600WE router/modem.
    Is there any way I can get them to share a printer wirelessly too?
    STEVE, Feb 14, 2004

  2. STEVE

    Jerry G. Guest

    I have seen adaptors for Ethernet to serial, or to parallel for printers.
    These were fairly expensive. I am sure that it is possible to have a
    wireless adaptor of this type as well. If this is at home for only a few
    computers, it may be cheaper however, for you to have a printer on each
    machine.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    Jerry G., Feb 14, 2004

  3. STEVE

    Trent© Guest

    On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 07:37:38 -0000, "STEVE" <>
    wrote:

    >I have 2 machines networked together and to the internet using a Draytek
    >Vigor 2600WE router/modem.
    >Is there any way I can get them to share a printer wirelessly too?

    Sure. Just put it on one of the machines...install it as a network
    printer on the other machine.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Feb 14, 2004
  4. STEVE

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "STEVE" <> wrote in news:SfkXb.3278$h44.550362
    @stones.force9.net:

    > I have 2 machines networked together and to the internet using a Draytek
    > Vigor 2600WE router/modem.
    > Is there any way I can get them to share a printer wirelessly too?

    That's what the router as the gateway for the LAN and WAN is for. With the
    router and the machines connected to it using MS File and Print Share
    services and MS Client service, one machine can have the printer and the
    other machines on the LAN will be able to print to the printer or share it.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Feb 14, 2004