    ME). They work fine, the wireless laptop sees the internet OK, but will not
    allow me to log on to the network. Usual problems to other users, but I know
    the link is running OK? Any help?
    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXI=?=, Jan 3, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXI=?=

    Malke Guest

    Peter wrote:

    > I am having problems integrating a laptop running XPSP2, with a
    > wireless network, to an existing wireless router with two wired
    > laptops on (XpSP1 and ME). They work fine, the wireless laptop sees
    > the internet OK, but will not allow me to log on to the network. Usual
    > problems to other users, but I know the link is running OK? Any help?

    Service Pack 2 comes with the Windows Firewall enabled by default. If
    you are not using a third-party firewall, go to the Windows Firewall
    applet in Control Panel and add your home network as Trusted on the
    Exceptions tab. If you are running a third-party firewall (and have
    already configured your lan to be Trusted in it), then disable the
    Windows Firewall.

    See if that does it.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers
    Malke, Jan 3, 2005

  3. I'm having the same issue. Have 4 existing PC's on a network, 2 are hardwired
    and 2 are wireless - WEP enabled. IT's a combo Wireless b/g cable router. I
    just purchased a new system with XP SP2 and while it connects to the network
    it doesn't let me hit the internet or see the other computers or the shares
    that exist.
    The systems all have static IP addresses, and the Dns entries are correct.
    I can't ping or anything.

    I tried to figure out what you suggested.. but I don't see a way to add a
    Network name to the exception list. It asks for programs or program names.
    Please tell me what I am missing here.
    Thank you.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGluYS5W?=, Jan 5, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXI=?=

    Malke Guest

    Tina.V wrote:

    > I'm having the same issue. Have 4 existing PC's on a network, 2 are
    > hardwired and 2 are wireless - WEP enabled. IT's a combo Wireless b/g

    (snip)

    Tina - Please don't hijack someone else's post even if you think the
    problems are similar. Make a new post for your question, including all
    the details. Hijacking a post makes it very difficult to give all
    parties good help.

    Malke
    Malke, Jan 5, 2005
  5. Sorry.. my error will post as new.