    I've loaded the driver for the Netgear WG111, but it doesn't recognize it.
    What am I missing?

    Thanks for any help!
    =?Utf-8?B?R3JhbWFzdWU=?=, Dec 4, 2005

  2. Hello Gramasue,

    Do you have Service Pack 2 (SP2)? The Wireless Network Setup Wizard is part
    of SP2. You can configure the network manually without the wizard.

    --
    Eric Cross
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)

    Eric Cross [MVP], Dec 4, 2005

  3. Ok. I can't get on the internet to get SP2 until I connect to my wireless
    network, so how do I do it manually? Thanks for your help, Eric!

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JhbWFzdWU=?=, Dec 4, 2005
  4. "Gramasue" <> wrote in message
    > Ok. I can't get on the internet to get SP2 until I connect to my wireless
    > network, so how do I do it manually? Thanks for your help, Eric!

    You could ring Microsoft and ask them to send the XP2 CD to you.
    Diamontina Cocktail, Dec 4, 2005
  5. Hi Grasmasue,

    This should help you. Please see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

    How to set up your computer for wireless networking in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314897

    Eric Cross [MVP], Dec 4, 2005
  6. I've run through this, but the problem is, it does NOT recognize the wireless
    adapter and there IS no Wireless Wizard to use. How do I get SP2 without
    being connected to the internet?

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JhbWFzdWU=?=, Dec 5, 2005
  7. Download SP2 to your Media Center PC, and then transfer the file to the
    laptop, either by thumb drive or CD.

    Here's the link to the network install package:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...be-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&displaylang=en

    MD

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFkRG9n?=, Dec 5, 2005