    The vista laptop can't see the desktop or add a printer etc. Any help links?

    TIA

    Jeff

    Jeff, Mar 31, 2007

  2. Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Basic XP -
    Vista - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/network/evaluate/vista_fp.mspx
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 31, 2007

  3. Jeff

    Doug Simar Guest

    Yes in short you going to want to make sure that you have the exact same
    users/passwords on all machines so they can authenticate. Otherwise you need
    a central Windows Server running Active Directory to do it for you. That
    sucks and is a pain to setup unless your a supergeek. So just make sure that
    you have the same user/passes on all computers that you want to share stuff
    with. Looks like you should have everything else setup correctly.

    Doug

    Doug Simar, Apr 3, 2007