    Many Many Thanks.....Mary
    --
    Nothing else to say!

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyeSBLYXNwYXI=?=, Mar 30, 2007

  2. Hi
    This page includes info about Networking Win98 and WinXP.
    http://www.ezlan.net/Installing.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 30, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyeSBLYXNwYXI=?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Mary Kaspar" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Here's the gig...I want to connect my old win 98SE comp to a new router from
    > the cable company. The router has wireless capabilty. I also want to pull a
    > wireless signal from the router for my new Dell laptop running XP Pro (this
    > should be the easy part).
    >
    > Now my fondess wish to to network the two comps together, primarily for the
    > purpose of printing from my laptop to my printer that is connected to my old
    > 98SE comp.

    Unfortunately, Microsoft and many hardware vendors no longer support Win98,
    so the help with this system becomes more limited... maybe it is the time
    to upgrade this machine.

    > I read somewhere that you can insert a XP disk in a 98SE comp and run a
    > network setup wizard...if this is so,

    It is not so.

    > If not...what is the best way to accomplish this task? I would need very
    > detail advice.

    Upgrade?

    Regards,
    --PA