    However, my own laptop is just half the speed it's supposed to be.

    Why?
    , Oct 9, 2007

  2. Hi
    May be it should be this way according the the Hardware used.
    It is impossible to answer when No technical facts and numbers are included.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 9, 2007

  3. pierce Guest

    On 10 Okt, 00:19, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
    <> wrote:
    > Hi
    > May be it should be this way according the the Hardware used.
    > It is impossible to answer when No technical facts and numbers are included.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > > My wifes laptop works fine and the net speed its just where it should
    > > be.

    > > However, my own laptop is just half the speed it's supposed to be.

    > > Why?

    to be that makes no sense....as I know my net has been faster....

    technical facts and numbers can be enclosed - just tell me what you
    need and how I do it - using Vista Ultimate
    pierce, Oct 9, 2007
  4. Barb Bowman Guest

    what brand and hardware model/rev wireless network card? is it built
    in? right click computer, then manage, then device manager and
    expand the tree and find that network adapter and right click, then
    properties. what driver version?

    is this a USB wireless card attached to a USB 1.0 port (would be
    slower)? what brand computer and model, etc?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Barb Bowman, Oct 10, 2007