    tried the IRQ's and it is sharing an IRQ. However, windows will not let me
    manually slect an alternate IRQ. Any suggestions?
    Many thanks Dave.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBX?=, Jun 21, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBX?=

    Dave Guest

    well, you can uninstall and reinstall the card. if that doesn't work try
    reinstalling the os. if that fails send the whole computer back for repair.
    or you could try a new card, maybe its broke?? if it doesn't see any of the
    available networks how do you know it is working?

    irq sharing is common and should not be mucked with in modern machines/os's.

    Dave, Jun 21, 2005

  3. I had a card exchange, for a brand new card.
    I've unistalled the card, and installed the card again. I've tried
    switching PCI slots on the board still can't find available networks, though
    it does look for the networks. If the card didn't work it wouldn't even
    look, XP would tell you it can't access the card.
    I've changed machines and the card works. Short of disabling the DHCP -
    which I don't want to do - I'm now stuck. I've even downloaded the latest
    firmware and drivers, still doesn't find the wireless network.
    Considering this worked then just stopped doen't make sense.
    Any assistance would be grateful,
    Thanks Dave W.
    --
    Dave W Middlesbrough England

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBX?=, Jun 21, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBX?=

    Dave Guest

    yes, the card could stop working and xp wouldn't know it, had one here do
    that... the rf quit but the logic still worked, no way for xp to tell that
    except it can't see anything. since it works in another machine that is not
    the case here.

    also, dhcp has nothing to do with finding networks. first the card and its
    drivers have to find networks on rf by listening on a channel (check that,
    you didn't lock it on the wrong channel did you??) and watching for ssid
    broadcasts (you didn't turn them all off did you??). after it finds one or
    more networks then you can pick one and after connecting to it then dhcp is
    used to get an ip address appropriate for that network.

    is the other machine where the card found networks in the same room as the
    machine that doesn't?? you didn't move a cordless phone next to the
    computer did you?? does the other machine find your access point or just
    some other random networks?? make sure you know what channel your access
    point is on and make sure its ssid broadcast is turned on. then make sure
    the card is on the same channel. try picking a different channel on both of
    them if the one you are on doesn't work.

    Dave, Jun 21, 2005
  5. Hello , I always start with disconnecting current SSID and connecting again
    and or go the routers website and check all settings . I use Linksys . I know
    some dos and dont's . And there can be alot of reasons why you are connecting
    .. I have had the same , and have learned alot by these lost connections .
    Changing SSID , WEP Key , Connecting the ethenet to pc and router to set up
    ... all may help you . Call Linksys . I will check back to your post , if you
    have more info reguarding set up I may be able to help . Mac address :
    disabled . Passphrase : blank . Use only 1 Key for WEP key . Leave all others
    blank ,there are 4 I think . Make sure router name is still there . I am
    shooting in the dark with these tips . Absolutely keep notes about , because
    if disconnected again , you will have them to refer to .
    --
    KD

    =?Utf-8?B?SW5zdGFsbGVy?=, Jun 22, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBX?=

    Clark Guest

    Check again and make sure you have the current Windows critical updates.
    There is a rumor that an earlier one had some problems which caused some
    connection problems. A new one is out that is supposed to fix it, but just
    a rumor.

    Clark

    Clark, Jun 22, 2005