Wireless network-Share files and folders help

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by krishna, Jan 7, 2007.

  1. krishna

    krishna Guest

    Hi,
    We have 3 laptops in our home.we use a secured wireless network
    connection to the router which is used to connect to internet.now all
    three laptops are connecting to the internet via same wireless
    network.now we need to share files and folders among ourselves.

    I tried by right clicking the folder ---> clicking sharing and security
    ----> Checking Share this file in the network.its getting shared(i'am
    getting a hand symbol holding the folder icon).but when i go My network
    place --- >Entire network --->Microsoft windows Netork ---> Click<work
    group name> windows is throwing some error message "<work group name>
    is not accessible .You might not have permission to use this network
    resource.contact the administrator of this server to fond out if you
    have access permissions.The list of servers of this workgroup is not
    currently available"

    we have different computer names and the same workgroup name.we have
    named the workgroup name and the wireless network one and the same.plz
    tell us how to share the files and folder within the wireless network.

    Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue.thanks in advance.

    bye
    krishna
    krishna, Jan 7, 2007

  2. Hi