    network adapter is not installed or because software for the wireless adapter
    is not installed"
    please can someone tell me what this means?!
    =?Utf-8?B?bmlr?=, May 31, 2005

  2. To share files you need to use the Networking Wizard, not the wireless
    wizard. You also need to share the files on the individual computers by
    choosing which folders to share and right clicking on each one and selecting
    Sharing and Security. Read the info in Help by searching for 'Networking.'
    You must name your home network (MSHOME is the bad default name) and use that
    workgroup name on both computers, which must also have individual different
    computer names. Then look up security and make sure your wireless network is
    secure or your neighbors can tap into it. You don't want to share your
    Internet connection or your files with your neighbors.
    The wireless wizard will not run on the computer that doesn't have a
    wireless connection. That's why you get the error.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyeQ==?=, Jun 1, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?bmlr?=

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi
    I would take it in two steps.

    1. Make sure that you have a viable Wireless connection.

    As an example if you can use the Internet from the Wireless computer you have a viable
    Wireless connection.

    2. Only if you have viable connection there is a point to set Windows network sharing.

    File Sharing: http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Jun 1, 2005