    million times and I don't know what I could be missing. Both computers have
    Windows XP. Thanks for any help.
    Cathy
    =?Utf-8?B?Y2F0aHlhMzU=?=, Feb 2, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Y2F0aHlhMzU=?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    I would suggest reading the following page.
    Read first the whole page (I.e. resist the urge to click on any of the
    links).
    Once you understand the general scope start to investigate the links that
    concern your specific setting.
    Link to: http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "cathya35" <> wrote in message
    > I am attempting to set up a wireless network in my home and am having

    issues.
    > I have a linksys router linked to my desktop and a wireless card in my
    > laptop. I am able to connect to the internet on both computers, but I

    can't
    > get them to communicate with each other. On my laptop when I go to Network
    > places and click on "view workgroup computers" nothing is there and it

    tells
    > me I don't have permission to access the network. On my desktop when I

    view
    > workgroup computers it shows both of them there but it says that my laptop

    is
    > unaccessible - I may not have permission to access it. Also the wireless
    > connection is very temperamental on my laptop. If I try to make it WEP

    secure
    > it won't work, if I turn off my Windows internal connection firewall it

    won't

    Jack, Feb 2, 2005

  3. www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

    Carey