    to my broadband modem and I am good to go?

    Thanks for any tips you guys can give!

    JN
    JINGLES, Jun 9, 2005

  2. JINGLES

    Goofy_56_096 Guest

    Yes, it does work. My daughter has a Dell laptop and, after I woke up, it
    works great. I'm not sure how you would have to set up your hardware.

    Goofy_56_096, Jun 9, 2005

  3. Yeah just hook up the wireless router to the cable modem via the network
    cable and you should be good to go.

    Make sure that the wireless is enabled on the laptop. Sometimes there is a
    button on the laptop that will disable the wireless so you can check for
    that also.

    news.csicable.net, Jun 23, 2005
  4. JINGLES

    Duane Arnold Guest

    news.csicable.net wrote:

    > Yeah just hook up the wireless router to the cable modem via the network
    > cable and you should be good to go.
    >
    > Make sure that the wireless is enabled on the laptop. Sometimes there is
    > a button on the laptop that will disable the wireless so you can check for
    > that also.
    >

    > "JINGLES" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> Just bought a new Dell laptop. Comes with the wireless network card
    >> installed. According to Dell website, all I need is the wireless
    >> router and I should be able to go wireless in my home? Am I
    >> understanding this correctly? All I need to do is connect the router
    >> to my broadband modem and I am good to go?
    >>
    >> Thanks for any tips you guys can give!
    >>
    >> JN

    Most home users are not aware of wireless security in the home and are
    compromised out of the gate.

    http://compnetworking.about.com/od/wirelesssecurity/tp/wifisecurity.htm

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jun 24, 2005