    Regards

    Osiris

    , Aug 25, 2005

  2. FML Guest

    wrote:
    > If I buy a Wireless USB Network adaptor that you can buy for about £20
    > will I be able to log on to a wireless network that are available in
    > Hotels and airports
    > I hope this isn't a to stupid question but it seems to easy that I can
    > buy this USB network adaptor plug it in install the drivers and
    > configure it to the wireless network of a hotel I'm staying in and
    > away I go
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Osiris

    Yes.

    FML, Aug 25, 2005

  3. Guest

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:17:02 -0500, FML <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> If I buy a Wireless USB Network adaptor that you can buy for about £20
    >> will I be able to log on to a wireless network that are available in
    >> Hotels and airports
    >> I hope this isn't a to stupid question but it seems to easy that I can
    >> buy this USB network adaptor plug it in install the drivers and
    >> configure it to the wireless network of a hotel I'm staying in and
    >> away I go
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Osiris

    >Yes.

    I'm getting me one of them then

    , Aug 25, 2005
  4. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > If I buy a Wireless USB Network adaptor that you can buy for about £20
    > will I be able to log on to a wireless network that are available in
    > Hotels and airports

    In theory, yes. And, one can even drive around in your car and access
    the internet from the road. Of course you have to stop when you find a
    strong signal.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 25, 2005
  5. Fred Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >>
    >> If I buy a Wireless USB Network adaptor that you can buy for about £20
    >> will I be able to log on to a wireless network that are available in
    >> Hotels and airports

    > In theory, yes. And, one can even drive around in your car and access
    > the internet from the road. Of course you have to stop when you find a
    > strong signal.

    You may need a number to log on. That's how providers of these services
    cover the cost. I believe Starbucks generally operate this system throughout
    the planet. Go in and ask them how it all works. I used a wireless hotspot
    while away from my home town recently. I paid $5 which gave me a predertimed
    download limit to be used within 3 months.and was able to access emails etc
    on my laptop for 10 days. Once I paid my fee I used to park outside each
    evening and just use my laptop. Some hotels etc will provide this service
    free but not the cheapies. There's no such thing as a free lunch.>

    Fred, Aug 26, 2005