Wireless network problem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Andreas Hagen, Apr 14, 2007.

  1. Hi Everyone,

    I have a problem with creating a wireless infrastructure network.

    I have a Dynalink (using Askey chipset) RTA1025W wireless router.

    I have a Compaq Presario R3000 notebook with an ASUS WL-107 802.11b PC Card
    Running Windows XP

    I have a Dell Inspiron 510m notebook with on board-wireless networking.
    Running Windows XP

    The problem is connecting the Compaq which I think mentions a DNS error
    before showing the standard IE error page.

    The Dell connects no problem via 802.11g and I ensure I shutdown the Dell
    before connecting the Compaq because I think Wireless routers can only
    connect one computer at a time?

    So it is my belief the problem lies with the card or the compaq. Please
    help with your ideas.

    Thanks in advance,
    Andreas
    Andreas Hagen, Apr 14, 2007