Wireless network problem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fs?=, Apr 3, 2007.

  1. I have a wireless home network for almost two years. The network consists of
    four computers, A, B, C (a Laptop), and D (another Laptop). A is wired to a
    wireless router and connected to a printer. Since last week, I found out
    that while A, B, and C can see each other on the network group, and access
    each other’s shared files, D, the laptop, is not visible in the network group
    and A, B and C therefore cannot see D’s shared files.

    D can still access the internet through the router connected to A

    I have checked the configuration on D (Win XP Home), and cannot find
    anything wrong with it. Firewall has been disabled.

    Wireless diagnostic tool on D identified the problem with the wireless card
    as follows:

    IPAddress = 192.168.0.100 (FAILED)
    Pinging 192.168.0.100 with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Ping statistics for 192.168.0.100:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

    Both B, and C have wireless network cards and have no problems.

    From the event viewer error of computers B, and C. I got the following error
    message:

    “The master browser as received a server announcement from the computer D
    that believes that it is the master browser for the domain transport
    NetBt_Tcip [ E2A4A233-44ED-44A0-98. The master browser is stopped or an
    election is being forced.â€

    Can someone tell me whether it is a hardware (wireless card) problem or
    configuration problem.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fs?=, Apr 3, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fs?=

    Doug Simar Guest

    Dude this is the same exact post. Try not to post stuff twice.

    Doug

    Doug Simar, Apr 3, 2007