Wireless Network problem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by zinedunc, Aug 10, 2006.

  1. zinedunc

    zinedunc Guest

    Hi all,

    Wonder if someone could give me some guidance on a problem I'm having?

    I have a Safecom Wireless LAN USB adapter (model SWLUZ-5400) and had it
    running on my Win XP SP2 machine quite happily for months. I then had
    some hard drive issues, and have basically re-installed Windows over
    the old partition. Now I've also re-installed the driver and ZDWlan
    software for the USB adapter, I can't get the wireless connection
    working.

    Previously, I used the ZDWlan software to manage the Wireless
    connectivity, which is what I planned ot do here. However, then damn
    Windows icon in my system tray persists in trying to connect too.
    Hence, both keep connecting, then immediately dropping, connecting,
    dropping etc.

    I've disabled the Wireless Zero Config service, rebooted, re-installed
    ZDWlan, rebooted etc, but can't get the blighter to stop!

    One thing to note here, when I say re-install, I actually have a
    situation where Drive No1 has 4 partitions, and I've only re-installed
    over my old C:\ partition. The first time I ran ZDWlan, it still had
    the WPA key for my network, so I'm beginning to think there may be a
    full re-install on the horizon - I'd really rather not do that though,
    if at all possible.

    Any ideas please? Go on, put me out of my misery...

    Thanks in advance

    zinedunc, Aug 10, 2006

  2. zinedunc

    Guest

    On 10-Aug-2006, "zinedunc" <> wrote:

    > Any ideas please? Go on, put me out of my misery...

    I've a ZyDAS based USB adapter and found that for a stable
    connection I needed to use static addresses, for PC,
    gateway, DNS server, the usual stuff. This also resolves
    DHCP issues.

    , Aug 11, 2006

  3. zinedunc

    zinedunc Guest

    Solved it - I uninstalled the third party software and reverted to
    using just the drivers from the CD provided and let Windows manage the
    wireless connection

    zinedunc, Aug 11, 2006