    both printers on computer1 but won't print on either printer. Computer2 can
    open the shared docs folder on computer1 but can't print doc. Any help on
    why computer2 can't print doc on shared printers would sure be nice.

    Frank Malone, Aug 12, 2006

  2. Go to Control Panel -> Printers and Faxes
    If there are more than 1 icon for each shared printer, use process of
    elimination and "Print Test Page" to the working link for each printer.
    (When I set up my network, HP auto created several icons for each printer)
    Then once you have located the working ones, delete the others and you should
    be ok.

    Otherwise:
    If only one icon/printer, try going to the sharing options for that printer
    and giving it an easy name. Then apply and close the window. Click on File
    -> Add Printer, select the network printer option and either browse the
    network for your printer or choose the second option (Connect to this
    printer) and type in the name as: \\Computer Name\Printer Name.

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9uIFou?=, Aug 12, 2006

  3. Frank Malone

    Frank Malone Guest

    I still need help on getting my computer2 to print. One more thing I can
    copy files from computer1 to computer2 or copy files from computer2 to
    computer1. I can't find out why computer2 can't use the shared printers on
    computer1. I'm using a Linksys WRT54G router.

    Frank Malone, Aug 25, 2006
  4. Frank Malone

    Malke Guest

    Frank Malone wrote:

    > I still need help on getting my computer2 to print. One more thing I
    > can copy files from computer1 to computer2 or copy files from
    > computer2 to computer1. I can't find out why computer2 can't use the
    > shared printers on computer1. I'm using a Linksys WRT54G router.
    >
    > "Frank Malone" <> wrote in message
    >>I am using xp SP2, DSL, Linksys router, computer1 connected to router
    >>with CAT5, computer2 is wirless. Computer1 can print files to either
    >>printer which are using a usb cable to each printer on computer1.
    >>Computer1 can go to the shared docs on computer2 and print on either
    >>printer. Computer2 shows both printers on computer1 but won't print on
    >>either printer. Computer2 can open the shared docs folder on computer1
    >>but can't print doc. Any help on why computer2 can't print doc on
    >>shared printers would sure be nice.

    Did you install the printer software on Computer2? If not, you need to
    do so.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Aug 25, 2006
  5. Frank Malone

    Frank Malone Guest

    Yes I did install the printers software on computer2, thanks for the help

    Frank Malone, Aug 25, 2006
  6. Frank Malone

    Malke Guest

    Frank Malone wrote:

    > Yes I did install the printers software on computer2, thanks for the
    > help
    >
    > "Malke" <> wrote in message
    >> Frank Malone wrote:
    >>
    >>> I still need help on getting my computer2 to print. One more thing I
    >>> can copy files from computer1 to computer2 or copy files from
    >>> computer2 to computer1. I can't find out why computer2 can't use the
    >>> shared printers on computer1. I'm using a Linksys WRT54G router.
    >>>
    >>> "Frank Malone" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >> Did you install the printer software on Computer2? If not, you need
    >> to do so.

    Then aside from checking the share permissions on the printer, I don't
    know. Maybe one of the printer experts would know:

    microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax

    I'm sorry I was unable to help you with this problem.

    Malke

    Malke, Aug 25, 2006
  7. Frank,
    This sounds like you may not have the permissions set correctly to give your
    computer2 full access to computer1.

    Do you have full access password set up on computer1?

    From computer2 can you go into a file and make changes to it and save?

    From computer2 are you able to get any of the printers to print a test page
    from the printer -> properties, print test page?

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9uIFou?=, Aug 26, 2006
  8. PS:

    Another thing that would be helpful is information about the printers that
    you are using on computer1.

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9uIFou?=, Aug 26, 2006
  9. Frank Malone

    Frank Malone Guest

    Thanks everyone for the help. Installed a new router and printers working ok
    now.

    Frank Malone, Aug 28, 2006