    this frequent loss of contact?
    --
    Thorney
    Thorney, Jul 12, 2005

  2. Thorney

    Thorney Guest

    Re: Wireless network keeps losing contact (typo)

    Thorney wrote:

    > I have an old no-name laptop, sufficiently powerful, but
    > lightning burned out its NIC port. I have a Microsoft
    > wireless USB adapter NSN-510

    MSN-510, of course... I'm a lousy typist...

    which seems to talk fine to

    Thorney, Jul 12, 2005

  3. Thorney

    Guest

    Try a new adabtor to start with. It is also possible that the fault is
    in the wireless router.

    Providing your laptop has a PCMCIA port, if you are going to try
    another adabtor, it would b best to get a PCMCIA type WiFi adabtor for
    your laptop. An adabtor that works directly to the buss is better than
    a USB one for Ethernet. If you don't need wireless, you can also get a
    PCMCIA Eithernet card.
    , Jul 13, 2005