Wireless network just suddenly stopped working

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?bHNjb3R0LXJybWM=?=, Feb 19, 2006.

  1. I have Windows XP professional 5.1.26. A Linksys WRT54G V4 router and a
    Linksys WPC55AG card. My wireless network has been working just great until
    a few days ago. Interestingly enough, my Windows updated a few days ago as
    well. The update numbers were:

    KB911927
    KB011961
    KB911564
    KB911565
    KB913446
    KB890830

    Anyone know if these updates affected wireless networking? It isn't clear
    from the update information. This is the only change that occurred on my PC
    before the wireless stopped working. The router works fine direct cable
    connected. The "view available wireless networks" intermittently shows my
    network but not constantly. If I see it and try to connect, it disapears.
    Thoughts?

    Lori

    lscott2918(remove this)@aol.com

    =?Utf-8?B?bHNjb3R0LXJybWM=?=, Feb 19, 2006

  2. I have a similar problem. XP Home SP2 wireless network at home with 4 PC's OK
    until a few days ago. Some browsing still effective on some PC's but the host
    PC off which all the printers hang is unable to locate other computers in the
    workgroup and clients are unable to browse that machine. The host displays
    the following message when I run "View Network Computers", " MSHome is not
    accessible. You might not have permission ....
    I have run the fix suggested in article ID 318030, to no avail.
    Can anyone help?

    terry.minor(remove this)@talk21.com

    =?Utf-8?B?SnVuZ2ZyYXVZZWFybmluZw==?=, Feb 22, 2006

  3. Try doing a repair on the connection through the properties, if that doesn't
    work try rebooting the router...

    =?Utf-8?B?d3JlbmNoX2Vy?=, Feb 22, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?bHNjb3R0LXJybWM=?=

    Siskoray

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    I read somewhere that someone with a similar problem where the Linksys router just stopped working was remedied by placing another power adapter into it. Apparently this individual used a 5V with 1 or 2 amps.

    Another person claimed that worked for them as well.

    Just thought I'd help if I could.

    Siskoray, Oct 14, 2008