    show me available wireless networks has changed. It used to have strength
    indicators, was bigger and was entirely more useful. Now its just part of
    the properties box. Can you tell me how to get it back??
    =?Utf-8?B?R2F5bGU=?=, Aug 13, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?R2F5bGU=?=

    Lem Guest

    Gayle wrote:
    > recently i had to reinstall wireless drivers, now the window that opened to
    > show me available wireless networks has changed. It used to have strength
    > indicators, was bigger and was entirely more useful. Now its just part of
    > the properties box. Can you tell me how to get it back??

    You probably were using the configuration utility supplied by the
    manufacturer of your wireless equipment. Read the manual (you may have
    to download one from the mfr's website) for how to install/use this
    utility. Note than only one wireless configuration utility may be
    active, so if you do install and use the mfr's version, you will have to
    disable the built-in Windows wireless zero configuration service. Some
    mfr's utilities provide a mechanism for doing this automatically.
    Lem, Aug 14, 2006