Wireless Network Icon

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZA==?=, Apr 29, 2005.

  1. I need to configure my wireless network but cant. When I open up the network
    connections the only one shown is my Loacal area Connections. How do I
    install the wireless network Icon?
    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZA==?=, Apr 29, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZA==?=

    Malke Guest

    Brad wrote:

    > I need to configure my wireless network but cant. When I open up the
    > network connections the only one shown is my Loacal area Connections.
    > How do I install the wireless network Icon?


    Do you have wireless hardware? If you have a laptop, is the wireless
    enabled? Most modern laptops have a way to enable/disable the wireless
    connection via a button or switch on the laptop case. If this is your
    situation, is the button on?

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic!"
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
    Malke, Apr 29, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. My Lap top dose not have a switch / button to turn it on or off, I do have a
    a wireless not book adapter card installed in my computer butthe instuction
    to set it up tells me to co to "network connections" and and edit the
    propoties on wireless network but I have no wireless networkicon showing.

    "Malke" wrote:

    > Brad wrote:
    >
    > > I need to configure my wireless network but cant. When I open up the
    > > network connections the only one shown is my Loacal area Connections.
    > > How do I install the wireless network Icon?

    >
    > Do you have wireless hardware? If you have a laptop, is the wireless
    > enabled? Most modern laptops have a way to enable/disable the wireless
    > connection via a button or switch on the laptop case. If this is your
    > situation, is the button on?
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"
    > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZA==?=, Apr 29, 2005
    #3
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZA==?=

    Malke Guest

    Brad wrote:

    > My Lap top dose not have a switch / button to turn it on or off, I do
    > have a a wireless not book adapter card installed in my computer
    > butthe instuction to set it up tells me to co to "network connections"
    > and and edit the propoties on wireless network but I have no wireless
    > networkicon showing.
    >

    1. Does Device Manager show the wireless nic installed?
    2. Does the wireless nic come with its own connectivity management
    software?
    3. What operating system are you running? If you are running XP, is
    Windows Wireless Zero Configuration service running? If not, turn it
    on.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic!"
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
    Malke, Apr 29, 2005
    #4
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZA==?=

    JoeT Guest

    "Malke" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Brad wrote:
    >
    >> I need to configure my wireless network but cant. When I open up the
    >> network connections the only one shown is my Loacal area Connections.



    There is no wireless network icon on any of my wireless nodes that are using
    windows built in wireless networking, only the local area connection is
    listed on the top level network connections menu so your results sound
    normal. Open the local area connection. Right click it, select properties,
    on next menu select configure for your wireless card. After that you'll see
    a wireless network tab. Take it from there.
    JoeT, Apr 30, 2005
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?Utf-8?B?V2VpIEJvb24=?=

    No "Wireless Network Connection" icon available

    =?Utf-8?B?V2VpIEJvb24=?=, Sep 12, 2004, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    5,603
    djurkwhad
    Oct 15, 2004
  2. Peter Welk
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    916
    =?Utf-8?B?SmF5Uml6em8=?=
    Jan 2, 2005
  3. =?Utf-8?B?QnVmaGFs?=

    no icon for wireless network to reestablish a wireless

    =?Utf-8?B?QnVmaGFs?=, Nov 23, 2004, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    551
    Brian Wehrle [MSFT]
    Nov 23, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q29jb2Fubw==?=

    wireless network connection icon

    =?Utf-8?B?Q29jb2Fubw==?=, Dec 10, 2004, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,912
    =?Utf-8?B?Q29jb2Fubw==?=
    Dec 17, 2004
  5. Sieds
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    630
    Scraggy
    Apr 18, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page