    and install my own security key. I am running windows xp.
    --
    waiting for my ruca
    =?Utf-8?B?am9uYXRob25nd2FsdHo=?=, Feb 21, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?am9uYXRob25nd2FsdHo=?=

    Joan Archer Guest

    Don't know if this will help but have you tried to reset the router back
    to factory default. There is usually a small hole on the back you have to
    push in with something small.

    Perhaps if you say what the name of the router is someone will be able to
    give you more information.
    Joan

    Joan Archer, Feb 21, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?am9uYXRob25nd2FsdHo=?=

    James Gockel Guest

    The only fix, since it sounds like you've been hacked, is to reset the
    router. A few ways you may need to do it:
    1) Remove power to the router, and hold the reset button and put power back
    to the router.
    or 2) Just hold the reset button.
    You will have to then go into the router's settings by logging onto it by
    opening Internet Explorer and going to http://192.168.1.1 (it may be
    different, check your wireless settings for the gateway's IP address) and
    using the default username and password. Default password lists are easy to
    find on google.
    Then set up the WEP password, and BSID and you'll be set.
    But just remember it all.
    -James G.

    James Gockel, Feb 21, 2006