    need to activate "File and Print Sharing" which can be found in the Networks
    section of control Panel then share a folder.

    If Win Xp, simply share the folder you want.

    I would pount out that sharing the whole disk is bad practice. Try just to
    shre the folder(s) that contain the infomation that you want to have access
    to.

    "iain" <> wrote in message
    news:DKyNa.588$...
    > hi all i have a got linksys wireless router and a PCI card all 54G 1
    > computer in plug into the router by cat 5 cable and the other is using the
    > pci card. Now my problem is the downstairs computer (mums) can see my

    drive

    John Haithwaite @ Blue Case Solutions, Jul 5, 2003

  2. John Haithwaite @ Blue Case Solutions

    NERV Guest

    Did you share a folder or drive? You have to share the folder or drive for
    you to be able to see it.
    Also, Make sure both systems are getting an IP address that are on the same
    subnet and same scope.
    eg. 192.168.1.X
    255.255.255.0
    If you want, you can eliminate the trouble and just manually config the IP's
    to an address..

    "iain" <> wrote in message
    > hi one machine is win ME and the other is win 98 both have file shareing
    > turended on but i can access my computer from mums but can not access hers
    >
    > iain
    > John Haithwaite @ Blue Case Solutions <> wrote in
    > message news:be6j7t$s0p$...
    > > You didn't say what operating system you have however, if Win 9x or (and

    > > think Win2k, though I don't have a machine running it at the moment),

    you

    iain, Jul 5, 2003
  4. John Haithwaite @ Blue Case Solutions

    eck eck Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/bfbg

    eck eck, Jul 5, 2003
  5. John Haithwaite @ Blue Case Solutions

    iain Guest

    iain, Jul 5, 2003
  6. iain wrote:
    > hi all i have a got linksys wireless router and a PCI card all 54G 1
    > computer in plug into the router by cat 5 cable and the other is using the
    > pci card. Now my problem is the downstairs computer (mums) can see my drive
    > on the network my computer upstairs can not see mums hard drive on the net
    > work can any1 help me out cheers
    >
    > iain

    Have you checked that the drives are shared, workgroups are the same,
    user accounts are the same on each computer? Have you considered using
    punctuation?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 6, 2003
  7. John Haithwaite @ Blue Case Solutions

    Chris Dwyer Guest

    Have you considered the file system that each machine is using? If one is
    using FAT32 and one is using NTFS this may be a problem.

    Chris Dwyer, Jul 6, 2003
  8. "NERV" <> wrote in message
    > Have you gone mad?
    > This has nothing to do with file sharing....NTFS and FAT32 are for drive
    > security....not network..

    Errrr, not quite...

    NTFS has file/directory/drive security, FAT32 dosn't.

    John Haithwaite @ Blue Case Solutions, Jul 6, 2003
  9. I wouldn't. NetBEUI will work but, assuming you need Internet Access, which
    you do if you post to New Groups, you have to have TCP/IP. Don't run more
    protocols than you actually need.

    If all machines have access the Internet then the problem does not lie with
    TCP/IP. check that you have something shared on all pcs. Also, check that
    you are all in the same workgroup!!!

    John Haithwaite @ Blue Case Solutions, Jul 6, 2003