    speed of only 11 mbps. I can live with that but wonder: Is this
    normal?
    PH
    Paul, Sep 16, 2003

  2. Paul

    Adam Gross Guest

    Unfortunately, yes it is normal. The fastest residential grade wireless
    routers available at the moment only do 54mbps. Standard wireless is
    11mbps.

    -Adam

    Adam Gross, Sep 16, 2003

  3. Paul

    JabberSmith Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > I have recently connected my main PC with my laptop and another
    > computer using a Linksys Wireless Access Point router. These function
    > fine except I have a speed question. On my main machine I show a
    > Local Area Connection with a speed of 100 mbps. Using a Linksys USB
    > Wireless Adapter the other computers show a healthy connection but a
    > speed of only 11 mbps. I can live with that but wonder: Is this
    > normal?
    > PH

    USB has a limit well below 10 or 100 mbps for home ethernet routers. It
    would be a bottleneck anyway.
    JabberSmith, Sep 17, 2003
  4. Paul

    Computer Guy Guest

    Yup!
    The main machine is wire connected and an internal network will run at 100
    mbps.
    It is inherent for an 802.11 connection to run at 11 mbps. However it is
    sufficient to
    keep up with any broadband connection.
    So, the answer is yes, it is completely normal.

    Computer Guy, Sep 17, 2003