    both computer are connected to the internet one directly through the router,
    and the other is using the router's wireless internet, but i can't get the
    printer sharing working because i can't see the computer.
    =?Utf-8?B?YnJlbnQ=?=, Oct 16, 2007

  2. if turn off the firewall, can you ping each other by IP?

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L \(MS-MVP\), Oct 16, 2007

  3. Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 16, 2007
  4. i was able to ping from both computers, but i can't set up a wireless network
    still.

    =?Utf-8?B?YnJlbnQ=?=, Oct 16, 2007
  5. actually, i can't ping the computer with the router from the computer with
    the adapter, it says timed out.

    =?Utf-8?B?YnJlbnQ=?=, Oct 16, 2007
  6. Assuming you have turned off the firewall and you can't ping IP, it could be
    a security software blocking the traffic. This link may have more
    information.

    Vista and Security Software IssuesVista and Security Software Issues. Is not
    accessible because of Norton Internet Security ยท Can't find other computer
    because of Norton ...
    www.chicagotech.net/vista/vista&security.htm

    Robert L \(MS-MVP\), Oct 17, 2007