    problem is with accquiring IP address. It says , that its qccquiring IP
    address after the connection drops and then it is automatically connected
    again.
    =?Utf-8?B?U2hhcmF0aA==?=, Apr 18, 2005

  2. Do you know if the connection was dropping before installing XP SP2?

    In XP SP1 the balloon pop-ups with network status were much less granular.
    Instead of simply providing the end user with a notification that the client
    has "connected" to the network, XP SP2 provides intermediate status. In XP
    SP1 you would not have recieved a message stating "acquiring IP address"
    because the balloon simply did not exist. This does not mean however that
    the same condition on your client didn't exist though. The "acquiring IP
    address" notification simply means that you have associated to a wireless
    device, complete any security negotiation (if any), and you are waiting to
    obtain a DHCP response from the network. Only after you receive a DHCP
    address will the XP SP2 client then state you are "connected".

    Does that answer your question?

    --
    Jerry Peterson
    Windows Network Services - Wireless

    Jerry Peterson[MSFT], Apr 20, 2005

  3. Does you wireless connection employ WEP or 802.1x?

    On the authentication tab of your wireless connection profile (Wireless
    Neworks->Preferred networks->Properties of the connected
    profile->Authentication" , is the "Enable
    802.1x authentication for this network" checked or unchecked.

    If you don't require 802.1x you should uncheck this checkbox.

    --
    Oliver
    This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights

    Oliver Saal [MS], Apr 25, 2005