    trying to figure out why it keeps disconnecting. I tried uninstalling the
    Belkin program and just letting Windows XP configure the network connection,
    but that didn't help.

    =?Utf-8?B?bXVzaWNtYW4wNzAz?=, May 2, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bXVzaWNtYW4wNzAz?=

    Curtis M Guest

    I have had issues with wireless security causing disconnect problems. You
    could try turning off all wireless security to see if that makes a
    difference.

    --
    Regards,
    Curtis, MCSA

    Landis Computer

    Curtis M, May 2, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?bXVzaWNtYW4wNzAz?=

    Harvey Gratt Guest

    Make sure Windows WZC "authentication" is turned off.

    Harvey

    Harvey Gratt, May 2, 2005
  4. If this is a home network it is likely that 802.1x authentication is enabled
    and is failing then disconnecting after 5 minutes. The check box for this
    setting can be found on the authentication tab for the wireless network
    connection. This check box should be unchecked if you do not have an
    infrastructure to support 802.1x authentication.

    newsgroup purposes only.

    Jim Seifert [MSFT], May 3, 2005