Wireless network disappeared

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Nyor, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Nyor

Nyor

I had my wife's computer with Win XP serpk2 set up for wireless broadband and it had worked perfectly for the better part of a year. Then she unplugged everything to move it to a diffrent corner of the room. When she got everything hooked up again there was no wireless network. I had used a linksys USB wireless adapter and it no longer was listed in device manager. I tried reinstalling it but to no avail. I tried system restore and that did not work either. Finally I uninstalled Win XP and went back to Win ME. The device still showed there as I had installed it before we upgraded to XP.
    I deleted it there and then reinstalled Win XP. I was then able to reinstall the adapter but got the dreaded "this device cannot start, code 10. I talked to Linksys about it and they thought maybe something was left in the registry from the previous installation and they sent me a reg. cleaner, but that did not help either. They, Linksys gave up and said it was a MS problem.I have talked to MS techs and they don't act like they even know what I'm talking about nor I them. I have looked all over for an answer to this problem and have tried several things, but can't get any thing to restore it From what I have read on the web it seems XP may have a problem with USB devices, but I can find nothing that addresses this problem
    I would appreciate any ideas on how to solve this problem

Nyor, Nov 18, 2006
    1. Advertising