    to the internet via LAN/WAN but I can not get my wireless network connection
    to work. always says disabled eventhough the properties says working fine.
    I have and Intel PRO/wireless 2200BG. anyone else having this problem.
    =?Utf-8?B?c2hhZG93IGRhbmNlcg==?=, Aug 29, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c2hhZG93IGRhbmNlcg==?=

    Jim Guest

    "shadow dancer" <shadow > wrote in message
    >I have a hp pavilion dv4000. one day the internet stopped working
    > (ie\redirect etc...) i tried connection via LAN\WAN with an address "no
    > way
    > jose". I then upgraded to explorer 7.0 and wham wireless network
    > connection
    > disabled. I then uninstalled explorer 7.0 and still can not get wireless
    > work. I then used the recovery application to recover the system. I can
    > get
    > to the internet via LAN/WAN but I can not get my wireless network
    > connection
    > to work. always says disabled eventhough the properties says working
    > fine.
    > I have and Intel PRO/wireless 2200BG. anyone else having this problem.

    Have you insured that the encryption keys match?
    What is the output from ipconfig/all?
    Did you let Windows manager the connection or are you using the Intel
    software?

    IE does not manage the internet connection. It just uses what XP provides.
    Jim
    Jim, Aug 30, 2007

  3. Hi,

    I'm not sure if you mean the wireless connection is in a disabled status, or
    that it just isn't working even though it is enabled.

    Open the network connections control panel and check to see if the status of
    your wireless connection is "disabled." If so, then right-click the icon and
    then click "enable."

    If it is already enabled, you can try right-clicking and then click
    "repair." If that doesn't help, then right-click and click "properties,"
    then click the Wireless Networks tab. From here you can view available
    wireless networks and configure the properties.

    I hope this helps.

    --
    Greg Lindsay [MSFT]

    no rights.

    Greg Lindsay [MSFT], Aug 30, 2007
  4. Greg,

    Please look at a recent thread here - "Laptops and tablets cannot logon to
    domain...".
    They also blame update to IE7 as the cause.

    Regards,
    --PA

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Aug 31, 2007