    Is this likely to have changed settings or something? And therefore is this
    likelyto have caused the wireless connection to stop working?
    Anyone got any ideas?

    =?Utf-8?B?THluZGEgTWNMYXVnaGxpbg==?=, Mar 22, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?THluZGEgTWNMYXVnaGxpbg==?=

    Danny Kile Guest

    Lynda McLaughlin wrote:
    > I have a Dlink router which links two desktops. I recently bought a wireless
    > Access Point, which I connected to the router and for a few daysit worked
    > perfectly with my laptop (AcerTravelmate 2300) but has all of a sudden
    > stopped working.
    > There was a problem with the Network at work and the technician there had to
    > put on Microsoft AntiSpyware to everyone's laptop.
    > Is this likely to have changed settings or something? And therefore is this
    > likelyto have caused the wireless connection to stop working?
    > Anyone got any ideas?

    MS Anti-Spyware should not have killed you connection, however, the
    removal of some spyware/malware after it has made changes to you WinSock
    can kill a connection. You did not say what your OS was on this PC. You
    may try the following links and then post back with the results.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817571

    --
    Danny Kile
    Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY

    "Dogs come when they're called, CATS take a message and get back to
    you." Mary Bly

    Danny Kile, Mar 22, 2005