    can anyone help resolve this issue?

    Many Thanks.
    zoom

    =?Utf-8?B?ZHVtYmVsbA==?=, Jan 29, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZHVtYmVsbA==?=

    __spc__ Guest

    "dumbell" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi.
    > I hope someone can help me.
    > I have set up a wireless connection in my home between my desktop pc
    > and my daughters laptop.
    > Everything went ok up untill i try to connect the laptop to the network
    > thats when i get a "Limited or no connectivity" message!
    > can anyone help resolve this issue?
    >
    > Many Thanks.
    > zoom

    How do you "...connect the laptop to the network"? Do you have a WiFi
    router or Access point somewhere? Why are you connecting the laptop and
    desktop together if there is a network available?

    __spc__, Jan 29, 2006

  3. I'm using a Belkin Wireless G USB Adapter (54Mbps) on the laptop,and a Thompson
    576 Speedtouch router (WiFi) certified.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZHVtYmVsbA==?=, Jan 29, 2006
  4. Its not being assigned an ip address. Make sure dhcp is enabled on the router
    and the wep key or such is the same on all computers correlating to the router

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obg==?=, Jan 30, 2006
  5. How do I find the WEP key? My lattop was connecting just fine. Suddently it
    asks for a "WEP key" and I can't find it anywhere. Is there any way I can
    solve this quickly without doing the usual five-hour dance with all things
    Microsoft? I've got to leave on a trip early in the morning and have a
    million things to do. Want to transfer some files from the desktop to the
    laptop.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q1A=?=, Feb 1, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?ZHVtYmVsbA==?=

    __spc__ Guest

    "CP" <> wrote in message
    > How do I find the WEP key? My lattop was connecting just fine. Suddently
    > it
    > asks for a "WEP key" and I can't find it anywhere. Is there any way I can
    > solve this quickly without doing the usual five-hour dance with all things
    > Microsoft? I've got to leave on a trip early in the morning and have a
    > million things to do. Want to transfer some files from the desktop to the
    > laptop.
    >

    > "John" wrote:
    >
    >> Its not being assigned an ip address. Make sure dhcp is enabled on the
    >> router
    >> and the wep key or such is the same on all computers correlating to the
    >> router
    >>

    >> "dumbell" wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi.
    >> > I hope someone can help me.
    >> > I have set up a wireless connection in my home between my desktop pc
    >> > and my daughters laptop.
    >> > Everything went ok up untill i try to connect the laptop to the network
    >> > thats when i get a "Limited or no connectivity" message!
    >> > can anyone help resolve this issue?
    >> >
    >> > Many Thanks.
    >> > zoom

    Enter the router admin pages (on my Linksys 192.168.1.1) and go to WiFi
    security tab (or similarly named) - the WEEP key shuld be there.

    BTW - stop using WEP and use WPA-PSK if you can.

    __spc__, Feb 7, 2006