Wireless Network Connection - wilful blindness to my network

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by DavidOfRedfern, Nov 27, 2008.

  1. Hello

    I have a HP Pavilion dv 8217TX with Intel Core Duo processor T2300 1.66 GHz.

    My Windows XP Professional laptop has recently developed a fault. It cannot
    connect to my home wireless network. The wireless function is working as it
    scans and detects several network in my vicinity, just not my network. It
    seems 'wilfully blind' to it.

    I have a built in wireless card - Intel Pro/Wireless 3945 ABG. It has been
    working for the past two and a half years.

    I am using an Apple Airport Express Router connected to an ADSL router. My
    two flatmates are able to connect to our wireless network.

    I can still connect to the internet using an ethernet cable.

    I am unaware of any changes to any settings on my pc. My pc is the one on
    which we installed the software for the Aiport Express. We have had no
    problems with it.

    I don't want to make this question too long. Is there anybody out there
    with any suggestions / ideas?

    Looking forward to help, regards DavidOfRedfern
    DavidOfRedfern, Nov 27, 2008

  2. Have you tried to re-set the wireless connection? Or you may want to try the
    wireless connection without security first.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Nov 27, 2008

  3. Hello. Sorry for the tardy response.
    I re-set the wireless connection several times. Still couldn't connect.
    Left my laptop turned off for a few days. When I next booted up my laptop
    was able to detect my home network and connect to it. Has been working ever
    since. Hopefully it is just one of those myserious things that happen.
    Thanks for your advice.

    DavidOfRedfern, Dec 16, 2008