    gone now. Both machines have XP SP2 on them. Also, when I do IPConfig when
    they're both stuck, both of them say their IP is 0.0.0.0! I did get them to
    connect once, but then the connection died and I couldn't get it again.
    =?Utf-8?B?bmlja3Nwb29u?=, Apr 28, 2005

  2. Hi, I had a similar problem and the error appeared because I had the DHCP
    Client service in manual mode... I just started the service and turned it to
    automatic mode and solved the problem!

    Regards,

    =?Utf-8?B?anZhcmdhc3E=?=, Jul 8, 2005

  3. RE: Wireless Network Connection Stuck on "Acquiring Network Addres

    Yes, I've had a similar problem, and have checked the DHCP client service,
    which says it is both running and automatic. But still no joy :-(

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxpZQ==?=, Aug 16, 2005
  4. RE: Wireless Network Connection Stuck on "Acquiring Network Addres

    I have the same problem. DHCP is OK, have tried restarting but still no joy.

    Is it worth removing SP2?

    =?Utf-8?B?VE9OWUc=?=, Oct 19, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?bmlja3Nwb29u?=

    John Guest

    TONYG wrote:
    > I have the same problem. DHCP is OK, have tried restarting but still no joy.
    >
    > Is it worth removing SP2?
    >
    > "Charlie" wrote:
    >
    > > Yes, I've had a similar problem, and have checked the DHCP client service,
    > > which says it is both running and automatic. But still no joy :-(
    > >
    > > "jvargasq" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi, I had a similar problem and the error appeared because I had the DHCP
    > > > Client service in manual mode... I just started the service and turned it to
    > > > automatic mode and solved the problem!
    > > >
    > > > Regards,

    I had a similar problem. There are a few TCP/IP 'fixes' out there
    (http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html, for example) but
    none seemed to fix my problem. I eventually sorted it out by altering
    my security level. I had WPA set up on both my router and my network
    connections under XP and it turned out that my Wireless adapter was not
    WPA-compatible (duh!). Strangely, though, it did connect occasionally.
    Anyhow, I switched both the router and network adapter back to WEP and
    everything is now working fine.

    J.
    John, Oct 20, 2005