    Laptop. The wireless router is a d-link 624. I have never had a problem
    before trying to connect remotely from another network. Can someone please
    give me anysuggestions, I have tried everything I can think of.
    =?Utf-8?B?Z2FtY2lubGV5?=, Mar 22, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Z2FtY2lubGV5?=

    Guest

    On 22-Mar-2007, =?Utf-8?B?Z2FtY2lubGV5?= <> wrote:

    > Can someone please
    > give me anysuggestions, I have tried everything I can think of.

    Try static addressing for Gateway, subnet mask, and DNS Server.
    You don't say whether the network is encrypted.
    Another problem might be signal strength, another strong local
    signal from a nearby network?
    , Mar 22, 2007

  3. Hi Try setting the router up again without any security encryption. If the
    connection holds up ok then the problem is with the way in which you've
    configured the encryption

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=, Mar 28, 2007
  4. If the connection keeps dropping in and out every couple of seconds then it
    sounds as if the encription has not been set up correctly. Turn off the
    encription on the router or set up the router again without enabling the
    encription and see if the connection stays up, if it does then reconfigure
    the encription to address the problem.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=, Mar 28, 2007