    program or script which can be written to connect and disconnect and log the
    activity to determine when the problem is existing?

    Any other recommendations to speeding up the connection time?
    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obkI=?=, Dec 17, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obkI=?=

    Malke Guest

    JohnB wrote:

    > With Win XP, I am experiencing lengthy connection times to my wireless
    > AP.
    > The signal strength is good, no othe traffic on the AP, etc. Is there
    > a program or script which can be written to connect and disconnect and
    > log the activity to determine when the problem is existing?
    >
    > Any other recommendations to speeding up the connection time?

    Check your settings. It sounds like your wireless connection is having a
    hard time finding a DHCP server. Don't forget to describe your network
    setup and include your XP's service pack level in your next post.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers
    Malke, Dec 17, 2005

  3. Thanks....I will double check the DHCP server setup.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obkI=?=, Dec 18, 2005