Wireless Network Connection "Not Connected"

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Stan Jang, Jan 18, 2008.

  1. Stan Jang

    Stan Jang Guest

    I have a new laptop with Win XP SP2. Initially I didn't have wireless
    internet, but XP would show me available connections in the neighbourhood. A
    few weeks ago, this stopped working and the Wireless Network Connection just
    shows "Not Connected". Also, when I go to the Properties for Wireless
    Network Connection, I don't have a "Wireless Network" tab as I believe I'm
    supposed to.

    Well, I just got wireless internet yesterday and I would like to get this
    working.

    I've tried the "Repair" option when I right-click on the Wireless Network
    Connection icon, but it didn't work.

    I've also made sure that my Wireless Zero Configuration is started and
    automatic.

    I've checked the WLAN card as well to make sure that it is plugged in
    properly (in case it came loose) and it appears so.

    My manufacturer (Dell) is blaming the ISP (Telus) and the ISP is blaming the
    manufacturer.

    Any help on "connecting" my Wireless Network Connection is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Stan

    Stan Jang, Jan 18, 2008

  2. Stan Jang

    Benedictum Guest

    It happened to me at one time. I did a system restore and that worked (for
    now). I still need to find out what is causing me to get disconnected.

    Benedictum, Jan 18, 2008

  3. Hi
    Hi
    I do not know what Wireless Internet means. Some types of Wireless Internet
    need special cards.
    As far as regular Wireless (aka WIFI), this page can help you in evaluating
    the Wireless system of your computer.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Make sure that the Wireless Utility of the Wireless Cad's manufacturer is
    Not Ruining.
    This would help in enabling Windows Wireless Zero Configuration,
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 18, 2008