    Patrick S. Page
    Morongo Valley, CA
    760-363-0062
    Patrick Page, Sep 10, 2004

  2. Patrick Page

    Tee Guest

    "Patrick Page" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My desktop running XP SP2 reports that my DLink DWL-G520 is not connected.
    >
    > My new Toshiba laptop running SP1 reports that its internal Atheros

    Wireless
    > connection is "disconnected ... "
    >
    > How do I connect them? TIA!

    Did you check the side of your Toshiba to make sure the wireless is "on"?
    My Satellite 2430-S255 has a switch on the left side that turns the wireless
    on & off. You can have it on in Windows but if the switch is in the off
    position then it doesn't work. Not sure if that's your problem but you can
    check to see.

    --
    Tara
    Tee, Sep 10, 2004

  3. Patrick Page

    Patrick Page Guest

    Yes, I did check this. Thanks for the suggestion.

    --
    All mail sent by me is virus-checked with NAV.
    Patrick S. Page

    Patrick Page, Sep 10, 2004
  4. Patrick Page

    Patrick Page Guest

    Neither machine was set to Ad hoc networking. Both adapters saw each other,
    but MS software was no help. Maybe I'll go back to Macs.

    Patrick Page, Sep 12, 2004
  5. Patrick Page

    > Neither machine was set to Ad hoc networking. Both adapters saw each

    other,
    > but MS software was no help. Maybe I'll go back to Macs.

    Patrick, have you checked the Toshiba site for updates? I was there
    yesterday and there were 2 pages of updates for my model and one of them was
    for the Atheros card driver. Windows certainly requires a little more work
    to get your network connections right than OS X, I'll give you that, but in
    all likelihood its a simple fix once you identify the problem. Anyway,
    check out the Toshiba site if you haven't already. I *think* there's even a
    link to Toshiba updates in the Start > Programs menu, at the top.

    --
    Tara
    Tee, Sep 12, 2004