    three nights and just about at wit's end. Any assistiance would make me
    eternally grateful! (Using Linksys router and PCI).
    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?Q29jb2Fubw==?=, Dec 10, 2004

  2. Greetings Cocoano,

    Please see the following MS KB Article.

    How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313242

    ________________
    Eric Cross
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    Eric Cross [MVP], Dec 10, 2004

  3. I have the exact same problem. The MS KB article referenced is of no use as
    my router drivers are up to date, but the icon still fails to appear.

    I hope we get a better answer . . .

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFuZU5lbQ==?=, Dec 16, 2004
  4. LaneNem: I got no where with any kind of help. Talked to our IT guy at work
    and he said trying installing it in a different slot (as perhaps the one I
    chose was already addressed a certain way---and I'm not experienced enough to
    start playing in my Bios settings). So I did that and voila!! It started up
    properly with "found new hardware and the proper icon and everything. Let me
    know if it works for you. It's really such a "duh" solution it's hard to
    believe with all the time I spent searching and chatting with professionals
    that no one thought of it...Good luck!

    =?Utf-8?B?Q29jb2Fubw==?=, Dec 17, 2004