    printing/filesharing again. Internet access always ok from the laptop after
    the connection re-establishes.

    Any suggestions?

    jje, Jun 1, 2008

  2. jje

    jje Guest

    "Frankster" wrote:

    > "jje" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello
    > >
    > > Novice at networking. Dell desktop connected to linksys router and hp
    > > laptop connecting wireless, both running XP Pro. Used wireless network
    > > setup
    > > process and and installed laptop.
    > >
    > > Printing and file sharing work from laptop, unless the wireless connection
    > > drops and then re-establishes itself. In that case I lose printing and
    > > filesharing from laptop and have to reboot laptop to gain
    > > printing/filesharing again. Internet access always ok from the laptop
    > > after
    > > the connection re-establishes.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions?

    > Check to make sure you are not connecting to an unsecure network near you
    > and thinking it is your own.
    >
    > -Frank
    >
    > Thanks Frank

    Through my network naming, I am pretty comfortable that I am reconnecting to
    my secure network.

    jje, Jun 2, 2008

  3. Hi
    It could be noisy signal.
    Try to switch channel in the Router (actually try all the channels and see
    which one works best in your environment).
    http://www.ezlan.net/wbars.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 2, 2008