    it works.. But my internet will not work... What can I do?
    --
    Fun with numbers.... 01000111011011100

    =?Utf-8?B?WWVycGRvZw==?=, Jan 15, 2006

  2. Not sure I followed all of this. But, it sounds like you are getting an
    automatically assigned IP address on the LAN adapter from the Linksys
    router. If so, you are also being assigned a default gateway and primary
    DNS server on the LAN adapter. You do not want these settings on this
    connection. Manually assign the IP and subnet mask - do not assign a DNS
    server or default gateway.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    "Yerpdog" <> wrote in message
    > OK here's my problem. I have a laptop that's connected to a wireless

    internet
    > connection that my friend has. This is always connected. It works fine. I
    > also have the laptop connected to a LAN network with my desktop via a CAT

    5E
    > cable connected to a Linksys Wireless-G router. The router does not have

    an
    > internet connection. My laptop and my desktop both show a connection. But
    > here is the problem, when i try to get shared files from the other

    computer
    > it doesn't work. I looked into it and when i went to the local area
    > connection settings Client was off, File and priter sharing was off and
    > internet protocol was off. So i clicked on client and file sharing to turn
    > then on and i hit apply, but a second later the check marks are gone and

    it's
    > right back to where i started. So i turned Client, file, and protocol on

    and

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Jan 15, 2006

  3. Did that.. Now I can have the Wi-Fi connected, and have file sharing, client,
    and protocol checked off in the Local area network properties... But I still
    can't get the files.... The workgroup shows up fine.. But it only displays
    itself as being connected.... Now here's the weird thing. I can get files off
    of computer the internet router is connected to fine... But not through my
    Lan with a router... I hope you can follow....

    =?Utf-8?B?WWVycGRvZw==?=, Jan 16, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?WWVycGRvZw==?=

    gentos Guest

    gentos, Jan 16, 2006
  5. Are these 2 networks using different subnets? Can you ping the IP address of
    a LAN machine? What happens if you click Start/Run <IPaddressofOtherComp>
    ENTER?

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Jan 16, 2006
  6. Sorry - should be: Start/Run \\<IPaddressofOtherComp> ENTER.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Jan 16, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?WWVycGRvZw==?=

    gentos Guest

    yes.. different subnet.
    FOr my case I need to access 2 seperate subnet simultaneously using 2
    netwrok devices ie (wireless and ethernet)on 1 notebook.
    Packets should know if I request certain data from subnet 1, then it
    should go to wireless.. instead it keet going to etherent
    (subnet2)which the packet cannot find subnet 1

    --
    gentos

    gentos, Jan 18, 2006
  8. Have you tried \\<IPaddressofOtherComp> yet? What happens?

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Jan 18, 2006