    Regards,
    KVRN Kiran Kumar.
    , Apr 24, 2006

  2. Hi
    You should start first with No security (Like WEP) enable, to make sure that
    you can connected both cards have to be configured to Ad-Hoc Mode.
    Once you have a connection you might try the security. Take into
    consideration and on some Wireless Clients, Ad-Hoc mode might not work with
    security On.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 25, 2006

  3. Guest

    Hi Jack,

    Thank you for your reply and time. I have followed your suggestion and
    removed the encryption and tried to connect two machines with no luck.
    Still the same situation.

    I have stopped Kerio firewall on both the computers and ensured that,
    Windows Firewall is turned off and tried again with no luck. On double
    clicking on the wireless icon in the tray, I found an interesting
    thing. On both the computers, there were some sent packets, but, the
    received packets are 0.

    One more thing is, ping is saying timedout. If I disconnect the
    wireless network, then ping says host unreachable.

    I am sure I did a mistake. Can you please help me?

    Thanks,
    KVRN Kiran Kumar.
    , Apr 25, 2006
  4. Hi
    Basic instruction for Ad-Hoc Sharing here,
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.mspx?pf=trueHi
    If the above did not help, might be that the Wireless Card basic
    installation is Not set correct on one (or both) computer.
    Set a static IP of the same subnet on both cards.
    In General, you can debug the Network Settings of a computer by following
    these steps.
    Step One. Check the Network parameters in the Computer's Device Manager.
    Make sure that the Network Card drivers are installed correctly; i.e. there
    is No IRQ conflict, and No Ghost installation.
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost
    Step Two. Verify Basic network setting in the OS:
    http://www.ezlan.net/Installing#verify If the above two Steps indicates that
    every thing looks good but functionally it does not work.
    Step Three. Check (and repair if necessary) the Socket Layers, Winsock, and
    or refresh the TCP/IP Stack. http://www.ezlan.net/clean#refreshnet
    If need to Reinstall; Log to this page it have a lot of links to
    instructions for Windows Network
    Installation -http://www.ezlan.net/Installing.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 25, 2006
  5. Guest

    Hi Jack,

    Thank you for the information. I will work on that and will get back to
    you.

    Today I noticed that, both the computers are on different channels. One
    is working on 6 and the other is on 11. Does it make any difference?
    Anyways, that also didn't helped me. I made both the computers on 11,
    still I have the same problem. Both the computers are showing thousands
    of packets on ping but 0 on received packets on connection properties.

    Thank you very much for your support and time.

    Regards,
    KVRN Kiran Kumar.
    , Apr 25, 2006
  6. Eugene Guest

    Run IPCONFIG /ALL on both computer's, post results

    -Eugene

    Eugene, May 9, 2006
  7. Guest

    Hi All,

    At the very first place, sorry for the delay in posting the reply. I
    was struck somewhere else.

    I had to install wireless network at home urgently and so, I bought a
    wireless router. It resolved the problems. Thank you very much for all
    for your time.

    Kiran.
    , May 26, 2006