    a difference.
    Please help.
    Thank you.

    =?Utf-8?B?cGl6b25jYzY2?=, Jan 26, 2005

  2. 1) Make sure your 2 computers are named different
    2) Make sure both computers are part of the same workgroup
    3) Run the wireless networking wizard in control pannel.
    4) Turn on printer and file sharing services
    5) Goto each hard drive and enable sharing there

    Try those and get back to us with the results....

    Robert Jacobs, Jan 26, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?cGl6b25jYzY2?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jan 26, 2005
  4. I have already checked all the items you suggested. In fact I had a wired
    network (direct with a cross over cable, no hub/switch) setup and working on
    these two computers for a year before a tech came in and setup the Cable
    modem with router. I think something in the software for the cable modem or
    the wireless router, or something in the setups changed permissions.
    Unfortunately, I spoke to the guy who did the setup and he doesn't know why
    it's not working. Also, I'm really confused as to why the Desktop does not
    allow me to view Workgroup computers (when I click that icon it gives me a
    permission error). Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank
    you.

    =?Utf-8?B?cGl6b25jYzY2?=, Jan 26, 2005