Wireless network adapter has disappeared (Vaio VGN B1XP - XP Pro)

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by phil@philandlaura.com, Apr 30, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Has completely gone....

    Running XP Pro with SP2

    1. It's not in the Network adapters tab in the device manager

    2. I have re-installed the driver (intel pro)

    3. And gone through numerous knowledge base helps..

    4. Wireless Zero Config. is running OK

    It seems that the OS has not detected it ???

    Thanks

    --
    Phil

    , Apr 30, 2006

  2. Jack Guest

    Hi

    Make sure that there is No Ghost in the Device Manager (
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost )

    Disable (or take out) the card, and boot the computer one time with No Card.

    Install, or switch On the card, and try again. Make sure that you have the
    latest drivers (look at Intel.com support). If the Drivers are Not available
    by themselves and the Intel Utility is Loaded too u[on installation, disable
    WZC (http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html ).

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Apr 30, 2006