    to starty the add hardware wizard. Did this, but it still didn't come up
    with the network card in the list.

    What next?
    Trevor, Sep 3, 2006

  2. Hi

    Usually in capacity to install might be caused by a Ghost,
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost

    However, if some thing get Fried on a Motherboard it probably more them just
    a socket.

    Socket per-se do not get fried, it is the voltage line that lead to it that
    get short and fry the parts. Unfortunately, it means the other parts of the
    Motherboard might not work as well.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 3, 2006

  3. Trevor

    Guest

    On 3-Sep-2006, "Trevor" <> wrote:

    > What next?

    Belarc System Advisor (free download and on some UK magazine
    DVD issue disks) will do an inventory of the system, hardware and
    software, a guide to what should work and what won't.
    Also look in the various BIOS options and pause the various boot
    screens to see what the BIOS sees.
    Then in XP as Administrator you can look in Hardware and
    Services, Services shows what Services start and how they
    are started. Stopped, on first use, auto, manual etc..
    Finally there are the XP logs, including error logs.
    , Sep 4, 2006